Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In It To End It

This past week-end I watched many women, men and one courageous daughter and her team walk 39 miles to end breast cancer. As you can see she walked for our family who has lost their lives, not only to breast cancer, but colon cancer as well.

One proud Mom pinning her sign on her back for the world to see.

Tears of joy trickled down my face as I watched her sign the huge tower. We had to be at the starting line at 6a.m., which meant getting up at 4 a.m. It was all worth it as I watched not only her team, but all the teams warming up for the walk and cheering each other on.

She did it!! Hobbling across the finish line at 2 p.m. on Sun., she had completed the walk. On Sat. they braved puring down rain for half of the walk and chilling temps,as they walked 26 miles.

Her poor swollen feet. Tammy had to see the Dr. Sun. morning to not only have her blisters opened up, but to have her feet wrapped so she could finish the walk. Reminded me of her dancing days when we had to wrap her feet from the many hours she put in for rehearsals. I was so proud of her, her team, and all of the other walkers, who raised two million dollars that week-end.












2 comments:

  1. My goodness, thank you so much mom for sharing our adventure with the world. More importantly, thank you for being there for me! Having your and dad's support helped get me through the 2 day, 39 mile walk and I love you so much for it! We did it together, and we will help save lives! Thank you, thank you, thank you for showing me so much love and encouragement. Your mom, my grandma, is up there smiling down for our efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this day with us!!!

    ReplyDelete